Sunday, January 24, 2016

Storybook Favorites

After browsing through the storybooks I found many that I liked and I wish I had the time to read more, but the 3 that were my favorites were Queen of the Underworld, Untold Tales of the Sea, and Mean Girls Morals.
Queen of the Underworld caught my eye as I was looking because being a queen is always a fantasy, but not when you're ruling the Underworld. After clicking on the link, the first thing that appears is a picture of a beautiful girl who is reaching up (assuming from the underworld) to get out or for help. I figured that this girl had some stories to tell. It is written in first person which I enjoyed very much, because it puts me in her shoes. The introduction was set up very nicely because it tells the story of how she became queen. It ends with her saying that she now lives with ghosts, but there are few who stop by. This sets up all the beautifully written stories in the remainder of her storybook. 

(Persephone by Marta Dahlig from Deviant Art. ) 

The next storybook that really caught my eye was Untold Tales of the Sea. One of my favorite things is sea creatures and water. When I clicked on the link I saw pictures of mermaids and I knew this was going to be one my favorites already. Although I personally do not believe in mermaids, I do wonder about all the ocean life we have not yet discovered. This introduction starts with saying exactly that. it goes into saying that the author of the storybook, Kalen, took a journey across the sea and met four interesting people, including mermaids (my favorite), so I knew I had to read them. These stories were good, but the theme makes me want to write my storybook over something sea related. 

Like most college girls who grew up at the same time as me Mean Girls is considered one my favorites and a classic. The title of the third storybook Mean Girls Morals really caught my interest because I thought to myself "What morals do they have?" The introduction is the main character of the movie, Cady Heron, taking about how she wrote a book. Her book includes Aesop fables and lessons she learned from hanging out with The Plastics. This storybook is great at incorporating a relatable movie to mythology stories. 


No comments:

Post a Comment