Thursday, April 28, 2016

Famous Last Words: Week 14

Well I am sad I didn't take the opportunity to do this extra credit throughout the semester, because it would be interesting to go through my blogs and see what I was thinking each week.
This week, I read the section Librivox and the stories were from the Brothers Grimm. They really do have a lot of interesting stories, that are well known now, but slightly different. One story that intrigued me to choose the Librivox section was The Frog Prince. I don't know if i actually heard the entire story of the frog prince. I knew the basis that a princess kisses a frog and he turns into a handsome prince, but I guess I never really questioned why she would do that, other than just him asking her.
In the new Disney movie the Princess Frog it does not follow the Brothers Grimm story. In the story I read I was surprised to find out that the princess didn't even kiss the frog to turn him human. Also the frog didn't tell the girl he was under a spell.
In the story she promises the frog to give him a place to eat and sleep, even though she had no intention of following through. The frog then shows up to her house and her father makes her keep her promise. The frog ate at the table and slept in her bed for three nights and then woke up a man on the third morning. No kisses. I am not sure why he wouldn't have just told her that, because I feel like she would be more likely to let him stay. It would freak me out a lot if I woke up to a man in my bed and I wasn't expecting it. I am also shocked he married her at the end of the story, because she was kind of a brat.

No comments:

Post a Comment